- NO promotional business blogs
- We all want to somehow optimize are business on SEO (Search Engine Optimization) or get #1 on google search results. We feel that blogging can give us that push to get us were we want to be. One mistake that we make when starting blogs to promoting our company's website is that we have been directly making blogs based on the website. This isn't attracting and doesn't benefit you or the reader. Instead, you should find a topic that is relevant and beneficial for you and the people that you are trying to target. For example, if I am a hotel trying to promote my business I can write blogs about great vacation destinations close to my location to increase a good area of interest.
2. Layout Templetes
- When creating a layout for your blog, there is nothing wrong with going with the basic two column layout. The name of the game is organization. Have your layouts organized so the reader doesn't get lost in your blog. Try to have your blogs on one side and your widgets on the other. Having a blogroll can also really help your reader view your other blogs. If you feel that your blog needs more information then I would go for a three column layout.
3. Keeping up with your blogs
- It is very important to keep up with your blogs. I can't stress enough on how many times I've left blogs unattended for months or even years. Even if you aren't getting any comments or page views, you should still keep up with it to see were are your strengths and weaknesses. By doing this you will eventually find where your blog is leaking and when you do you'll seal it up for good.